Exercising is quite beneficially on a long run and there are many forms of exercising methods, in which Pilates exercises are unique and do give great results to keep you fit and firm. How to discover Pilates exercises and workout benefits? Let us go through the history knowing the origin and implementation of Pilates exercises and workouts.
Joseph Pilates discovered this form of exercise in 1920’s and it was named after him “Pilates”. The Pilates exercise involves the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility and awareness in order to support efficient and graceful body movements. The core focusing is the key to Pilates exercises that strengthens the body completely.
To discover Pilates exercises and workout benefits we need to study the underlying concepts in the method and the ways to implement the same. There are six Pilates principles that includes – Centering, Control, Flow, breath, precision and concentration.
If you want to follow the Pilates method of exercising you have to follow all the six principles. When you discover Pilates exercises and workout benefits you could see significant results in shorter period. There are many forms of Pilates exercises that one can perform, but if you are a new to this method of exercising it is best to perform beginners method.
The large selection of Pilates exercises include the following forms:
- Pilates Mat Exercises – The mat exercises starts with a warm up session and includes many body positioning exercises that concentrates on core strength and better physical movement. The mat exercises are mainly for upper body focus, lower body work, core and abdominal focus and fundamentals of Pilates movements.
- Pilates Beginners Exercises – This form of session is for beginners who want to start up that includes Pilates fundamentals, pelvic curl, chest lift, roll back, open leg balance, one leg circles, wall roll down, swan prep exercise, legwork Pilates and Pilates plank.
- Pilates Workout – Pilate workouts are designed to suit people of different kind. This mostly includes stretches.
- Pilates Ball Exercises – The Pilates ball is meant to strengthening the body, balance and to tone the body using Pilates ball. Again this also focus on stretches with upper body, back, should and chest.
- Pilates Ring Exercises – The Pilates ring is defined as a magic circle that helpful for toning and strengthening the body. Upper body toning, roll up with ring, inner thigh press and arm press with ring seated position and more
- Pilates Equipment Exercises – This type of exercise involves small props such as band, ring, reformer, step barrel that are used to perform the exercise.
- Pilates Exercises Techniques – There are certain techniques that can be performed to have the most efficient and toned muscles. Pilates exercises involve unique techniques that has to be learnt well.
When you discover Pilates exercises and workout benefits you will know that Pilates uses an integrative approach toward exercising that involves strengthening the entire body and not just a part. Pilates exercises and workouts concentrate on building a strong foundation and focusing on core improvement of the body on a long run.